This ammo is .223 Remington (5.56 NATO) 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket.
- Cartridge: .223 Remington (5.56 NATO)
- Bullet Weight: 55 grain
- Bullet Style: Full metal jacket, boat tail
- Muzzle Velocity: 3100 Feet per second avg.
- Lead Free: No
- Case Type: Brass or nickel
- Headstamp: mixed-once fired
- Primer: Boxer
- Corrosive: No
- Reloadable: Yes
- Test Barrel Length: 20”
- Our .223 Remington is also labeled as 5.56×45 / 5.56 NATO as .223 Remington can be fired safely and with good results out of both chambers as well as the .223 Wylde chamber. It is advised not to fire factory 5.56 out of a .223 chamber as there is a pressure increase and chance of damage or injury can occur.
The 55 grain projectile performs well with barrels that have 1/7, 1/8, and 1/9 twist rates. While still being able to function in other twist rates performance can be impacted.
All ammunition is loaded with high quality name brand components such as; Hodgdon powders, CCI primers, Berry’s Mfg. and Hornady projectiles.
NO SALES TO THE FOLLOWING: AUTOMATIC CANCELLATION AND RESTOCK FEE WILL BE APPLIED!!
We do not sell or ship ammunition to residents of: Alaska (r), California, Illinois, New Jersey, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New York State, Washington DC or any location that requires air shipment. Please check your state and local laws before ordering ammunition. Certain other restrictions may apply.